For us, as for so many organizations, 2020 is proving a year of challenge yet opportunity. Our Ride & Stride for Sarcoma! is usually not only a fundraiser to support sarcoma research but also a chance for our community to get together. Sadly, COVID-19 and necessary responsible social distancing restriction have brought us to the decision to change the way we hold our event for 2020.
This year our Ride & Stride for Sarcoma! will be a virtual event, where the focus is on awareness and support, although fundraising will still be greatly appreciated for those who may be able to do so. The event will be open from July 1st through to October 31st and the challenge will be to still do your chosen distance but in your own time and place. This means that you can choose to do the 100km event, but perhaps 25km over four weekends or set an increased challenge for yourself of over and above the event selected.
For this year, shirts will not be part of the registration but will be available for purchase, through our online shop while stock is available or direct through Pedal Mafia. If you already own a SitS! cycle jersey or Tshirt you are very welcome to re-use the one you already have. We also have caps and odd socks available for purchase.
Register for your preferred event as per usual via the web-site www.rideandstrideforsarcoma.org.au
Individual registration fees for the Ride or Stride remain at $50. Any balance from registration fees remaining after costs will be allocated to sarcoma research.
For the Ride, there will now be a $20 registration fee for children under 16.
For the Stride, the family registration fee remains the same: $50 for two adults and children under 12.
To help create awareness, we suggest you use the Strava or MapMyRide/MapMyWalk apps to record your distances. These can then be uploaded with photos & distances on the Ride & Stride for Sarcoma! Facebook and Instagram pages to create awareness. Please use hashtags #sockittosarcoma #rideandstrideforsarcoma20 #sarcomaawareness on your social media posts.
We will also be sending out electronic certificates of appreciation to all successful participants. There will also be prizes for the participants who raise the most funds and for those that complete the greatest distances.
If restrictions allow such an activity, participants will be invited to attend an event on October 31st at the conclusion of the event. More details will follow when and if this can go ahead.
Terms and Conditions: Prizes for Sock it to Sarcoma! 2020 Virtual Ride & Stride for Sarcoma! 2020
Win prizes for performing and/or achieving at the 2020 Virtual Ride & Stride for Sarcoma!
Terms and Conditions
- First, Second & Third for each of the following Categories:
- Most Funds Raised: As measured by the figure recorded through the Ride & Stride for Sarcoma! web-site
- Best raising of Sock it to Sarcoma! Awareness: Based on the judges’ assessment of photos submitted to the Ride & Stride for Sarcoma! Facebook page
- Greatest Distance in the Ride: Based on GPS data submitted by October 31st 2020
- Greatest Distance in the Stride: Based on GPS data submitted by October 31st 2020
- Prize winners will be judged by the Ride & Stride for Sarcoma! Committee immediately after completion of the Event duration on October 31st 2020
- The judge’s decisions will be final
- Prize winners will be informed by email and announced on the Ride & Stride for Sarcoma! Facebook page and in the Ride & Stride for Sarcoma! newsletter
- Entrants under the age of 15 will have to have a parent’s permission.
- It will not be possible to transfer prizes for cash.
Don’t forget July is Sarcoma Awareness Month so it would be a great month to be starting your personal challenge and about showing your support for people diagnosed with sarcoma and their families.